This chicken recipe is our new favorite! Jered is not a fan of turmeric (or so he claims), so I’m always trying to sneak it in his meals. I don’t know what it is about this recipe, but when the turmeric + juices from the chicken mix…magic happens. All you need is a little sea salt, black pepper, and olive oil and I swear this is the best 5-ingredient chicken you’ll make all week!
Speaking of turmeric! Turmeric is best absorbed by the body by adding a pinch of pepper. Every time I eat turmeric, even if it’s a sweet version, I add a bit of pepper to increase the health benefits. Most the time you can’t even taste the pepper but the combination of turmeric and pepper in this savory recipe is so so good!
Makes 4 servings
- 4 boneless chicken breast (I just bought a pound of chicken and cut into fourths)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or olive oil spray
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix the turmeric, black pepper, and sea salt until combined. Brush the chicken with olive oil or you can even spray each side with olive oil spray. Evenly sprinkle the seasoning on both sides. Place the chicken in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Flip chicken and cook an additional 15 minutes or until it is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear. You can check with a thermometer to ensure the center is at least 165 degrees F.
- Optional: To make the chicken a little crispy, broil for an additional 2 minutes (keep your eye on it to avoid burning).