I LOVE carrots in baked foods. This recipe contains all of the essential ingredients of carrot cake, cinnamon, ginger, carrots, and a sprinkle of nutmeg. It’s so easy to put together, and you will be shocked how good it tastes! I don’t even think this recipe needs any toppings, which is unusual for me.
Sometimes I don’t feel like waiting for the oats to cook on the stove top, or dealing with cleaning out the slow cooker, so I opt for overnight oats. For you mommas and dog-mommas- these are a perfect go-to breakfast. I have two pups that go nuts in the morning, plus they have to be walked and fed (I can’t imagine having 2 kids to take care of!). It’s a relief when you already have something done ahead of time.
These are amazing cold or heated for about a minute. For all of those carrot cake lovers, here is the more nutritious, breakfast version. I…am…in…love.
Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (for less thick oats, add 1-2 tbsp. more)
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup (can sub honey or coconut palm sugar )
- 2 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. raisins
- 1/2 or 1 large grated carrot
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ginger
optional pinch of nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Add all the ingredients, but the oats to a jar, and stir to combine.
- Add in the oats and stir. Make sure the oats are completely covered by the almond milk.
- Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and let stand in the fridge overnight.
- Enjoy as is or reheat for 1 minute!