I first had a chocolate chip protein cookie at Live Beaming a few months ago. It was the best “clean” cookie I’ve ever eaten and so much so that Jered and I ate 4 of them. I knew it’d be awhile before I got to go back, so I’ve been trying to recreate that cookie experience!
Isn’t Live Beaming’s cookie the prettiest cookie you’ve ever seen?…
Anyways, I’ll cut straight to it and get to the recipe details. All ya need is almond butter, protein, chocolate chips, apple sauce, maple, coconut oil, salt, and baking soda! As far as the protein goes, make sure to use a kind that’s a blend (brown rice & pea protein). I’ve used several- Vega and MRM and they worked great. Definitely don’t use collagen, bone broth protein, or plain pea protein. I’d imagine those would make your cookie super crumbly or gummy.
Makes 8-10 cookies
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein (I’ve only tested a brown rice/pea blend like MRM or Vega Vanilla w/Greens).
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 3 tbsp. coconut nectar or pure maple syrup
- 2.5 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Combine all ingredients, adding the baking soda and chocolate chips last.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment baking paper.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes! Let completely cool before eating. I recommend letting cool 1-2 hours, so the cookie firms up and doesn’t fall apart when you pick it up.
- Store in the fridge. I don’t recommend reheating these, if you do, they’ll probably fall apart! They are best enjoyed at room temp.