I’m all about this cheesecake bars recently. These peanut butter ones are super similar to the Maple Cinnamon bars I made a few days ago, except they have a creamy peanut butter filling and a nutty-chocolate crust. They are dairy-free, paleo, vegan, and refined-sugar free! It’s such a simple and easy recipe to make, which I’m all about! Oooo and the crust…I can eat it by itself and I’m not usually a huge fan of crust.
PS, you can switch these up by subbing the regular peanut butter for a flavored kind like Wild Friends! Hope you guys enjoy :).
XOXO- ♡ Kait
Makes 12-16 bars
- 1.5 cups cashews, soaked overnight or quick soaked (see note 1)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple, the darker the better
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (use refined to omit coconut flavor)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond milk or full fat coconut milk (See Note 2)
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1.5 cups nuts (I used an even mix of pecans and almonds)
- 1/4 cup pure maple
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
*Soak the cashews by covering them with warm water overnight for 6-8 hours. You can also quick soak them by placing them in a heat-safe bowl and covering them with boiling water for 1-2 hours.
**For creamier texture you can use full-fat unsweetened coconut milk, you can either mix it or just use the cream
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. Make the crust by adding all the crust ingredients to a food processor and blending/mixing until a sticky mixture forms. You may have to scrape down the sides several times.
- Press the crust into the parchment-lined dish, until evenly spread. I used a silicone spatula and it worked great. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Add pre-soaked cashews and the rest of the filling ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend on high until creamy, scraping down the sides if needed. Taste the mix and add more cinnamon, salt, or maple if desired.
- Pour the filling over the crust until evenly spread. Cover and freeze for 3-4 hours and take out about 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Slice into 12-16 bars and serve. You can store leftovers in the freezer up to 2-3 weeks or in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.