I think I’ve seen a lot of people post this already, but this has been the longest week ever! (Also, I need emojis to make their way to the web world). That being said, I’m so glad it’s the weekend!
I talked a little on Instagram about how hard it is to find recipes that are both paleo and egg-free. Especially since I only eat grains every three days (#autoimmune), it makes it hard to eat a well-rounded diet. Cookies are totally part of my diet ;). The store bought paleo + vegan versions of cookies are SOO expensive, like $13 for 12 cookies expensive. So the past few weeks, I’ve been trying to recreate those store bought versions. It took 6 tries and I’m so happy with the outcome. Grain-free, egg-free, and refined sugar free and SOO good!
Can’t wait for you to try!
XOXO- ♡ Kait
Makes 12-14 cookies
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chocolate chips* (use a dairy-free version if paleo)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp. Arrowroot flour
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tbsp. almond milk
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil or grass fed butter, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla
*Mini chocolate chips work best for this recipe. If using large chocolate chips, I definitely recommend just using 1/3 cup.
- Combine the dry ingredients (minus the chocolate chips). Make a well in the center and add the wet ingredients. Stir until fully incorporated. It will seem dry at first but DONT add more liquid, just keep stirring.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop 1 tbsp. spoonfuls on a baking sheet. Press with a fork or your fingers to flatten (just a little).
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Let cool at least 30-60 minutes to allow cookies to fully set.