This recipe is PERFECT for Mother’s day breakfast! Or for breakfast any day of the week, really. Simple Mills makes it super easy to make a paleo-friendly & flavorful breakfast. There’s so many ways to spice up their pancake and waffle mix, but lemon + poppyseed seems like the perfect flavors to surprise mom with.
I’ve used eggs and egg replacers in this recipe and both turned out great! Oooo! And if you’ve never tried their frosting, it is the BEST and creates a yummy glaze to serve with the waffles. I truly love everything about this brand because of the clean and wholesome ingredients they use. Not to mention I have the biggest sweet tooth, so it gives me peace of mind to know that I’m putting wholesome ingredients in my body even when devouring pancakes and waffles!
Makes Makes 3-4 personal waffles
- 1 ½ cups Simple Mills Pancake & Waffle mix
- 3 eggs (I’ve also used Ener-G egg replacer)
- 3 tbsp. almond milk or water
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon peel
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
*For optional lemon glaze use ¼ cup Simple Mills vanilla frosting with 2 tsp. lemon juice. Warm over the stovetop or in the microwave until a glaze forms.
- Preheat waffle iron on high heat setting
- Whisk the eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a large bowl. Add the mix and poppy seeds and whisk until well blended.
- Pour batter onto preheated waffle iron.
- Cook on high according to waffle iron instructions and serve!
This post was sponsored by Simple Mills.